February 11, 2018
This Wednesday, also known as Ash Wednesday, marks the beginning of the Lenten Season (Lent). Christians all over the world observe the 40 days (not including Sundays when we celebrate Jesus’ resurrection and eternal life) before Holy Thursday (aka. Maundy Thursday) to mimic the life of Jesus on earth. To say that we are Christians means that we are striving to be like Christ. As followers of Jesus, we spend these days trying to do what Jesus would do. We try to bring ourselves in closer alignment with our Savior. Moreover, we sacrifice (give up) something of importance to us to acknowledge and honor Jesus’ great sacrifice! How will you honor and mimic Jesus’ life, and what will you sacrifice in this season of lent? An unknown author shared 40 great suggestions. Here are five of them for inspiration on your journey.
- Fear of Failure – You don’t succeed without experiencing failure. Just make sure you fail forward.
- Your Comfort Zone – It’s outside our comfort zones where new discoveries are made.
- Feelings of Unworthiness – You are fearfully and wonderfully made by your creator. (see Psalm 139:14)
- Impatience – God’s timing is the perfect timing.
- Retirement – As long as you are still breathing, you are here for a reason. You have a purpose to influence others for Christ. Our work is not always tied to a paycheck.
In remembrance of Christ,
Rev. Ineda P. Adesanya